This month has been a heck of a year. The outbreak of Coronavirus has thrust most of the world into a state of panic and most employees (not just the ones working in IT firms) are adopting this new model of working remotely. The companies are using best tools to manage remote team.
For many freelancers and consultants, this is something they have been doing for years, whether it is working from the room, café or plane. However, with schools closed nearly everywhere, working remotely is now managing the children and families in addition to the work.
With so many folks working remotely, it becomes essential for the companies to equip themselves with team management tools to keep track on the completion of the task. While working with a remote team, you need tools for uninterrupted communication and the right tool to conduct the meeting.
In this article, we are bringing The Best Five Tools to Manage Remote Team:
Scoro is a popular work management software that combines tools that help you manage sales, billing, projects and even allow employee collaboration. Scoro lets you manage your remote team and also lets you run an entire business from home or wherever you are.
The tool helps you manage not only the remote team but the entire company, simply sipping coffee at the comfort of your couch. Moreover, the reporting capabilities of Scoro are unparalleled to other remote employee management software available in the market.
Key features of Scoro:
- Scoro provides an instant overview of the team’s work. Team dashboards include charts, metrics and to-do lists enable you to effortlessly track work progress.
- Time tracking is made easy with Scoro. It let your team track both the actual and billable spent time on a project-timesheets created in just a quick span of time.
- The tool offers real-time reporting and gives you a compact overview of time spent or planned broken down by project, team member or client.
Scoro self-boarding starts from $0 and the standard package starts from $899 and pro starts from $1,699.
With a shared view of team priorities, dynamic tools to analyze progress and process that fosters collaboration, your team will deliver more consistently and frequently.
Key Features of Pivotal Tracker:
- It lets you configure notifications to get the messages and updates you need.
- It offers file sharing options; you can enhance your stories, mock-ups, presentations, drag-and-drop from your computer or attach them from Google Drive.
- Organize and monitor stories with searchable labels to make your workflow more visible.
- The story blockers help make project impediments highly visible so that your team can collaborate to resolve them.
- Follow the breadcrumb trail, view every update of the project from day one to see how the changes in code are mapped into product decisions.
Pivotal Tracker is totally free for team up to 3 and the team of all sizes can get Tracker free for a month period. The Startup package of the tool starts from $12.50/month for 5 collaborators and 5 private projects and Pro package starts from $62.50/month for 15 collaborators.
One of the biggest benefits of working with a remote team is the fabled “24-hour coverage.” Freshdesk is cloud-based customer support software that allows you to enjoy 24-hour connectivity with your employees.
The software allows you to streamline all your customer conversations in one place, collaborate with other teams to resolve the issue faster and automate your repetitive work.
Key Features of Freshdesk:
- It lets you track and manage incoming support tickets that are coming from multiple channels within one inbox.
- Offers SLA management, which means you can set deadlines for ticket response and resolution based on different business categories.
- You can provide quick and consistent responses to common questions by creating pre-formatted replies.
- Agent Collision Detection, which ensures that multiple agents don’t end up working on the same ticket by mistake.
Quip is a real-time document sharing and editing platform that let your team work on and share public documents. It also comes with a helpful notification tool, Quip automatically pings the one mentioned in the document. Conversations are displayed alongside, which makes it easy to understand the task.
Key Features of Quip:
- Account Planning: Quip allows you to turn static plans into dynamic data-driven strategies that increase pipeline, drive action and get the whole team to align in real-time.
- Close Plans: With Quip’s Close Plans you can manage deal more efficiently that save time and speed up deals with live data.
- Deal Feeds: The tool allows you to boost the visibility of your business and motivates your team to achieve more. It provides real-time notification on which deals are pushing, which deals are closing and more.
- Opportunity Notes: The tool captures customer notes and syncs them with the right opportunity across any device. This increases alignment and gets deals faster inside your CRM.
The Starter package of the tool is available at $10/user/month billed annually, while the Enterprise package of the tool is available at $25/user/month.
GitHub Wiki is a place in your repository where you can share long-form content such as how it’s been designed, how to use it and so on. It is a helpful resource for new employee onboarding.
Key Features of GitHub Wiki:
- Wiki is hosting documentation that you will find every GitHub repository. You can use your repository’s wiki to share necessary and detailed content about it such as how to use it, how to design it and its core principles.
- A README available in GitHub wiki quickly let the user the name what your project can do, while you can use the wiki to provide additional documentation.
- With Wikis, you can write content just like everywhere else on GitHub. We use open-source Markup Library so that different formats can be easily converted into HTML.
- Wikis are available to the public in public repositories and limited to people with access to the repository.
GitHub basics is free for every developer. Github’s Pro starts from $7/month and the Team package are available at $9 per user/month.
If you are a remote team manager, look no further when it comes to effectively manage the distributed and remote team. The above mentioned five tools are effective tools to manage remote team, aid you in leading a productive virtual team effectively amid Corona.