So, you are all set with your new project. You have the focus ready and the industry you’ll cater to in a clear picture. Now, it’s time to set your priorities straight. To add that realistic touch to your new endeavor, you’ll need to hire a team. But is it going to be an Android developer or a full-stack developer?
The debate between choosing a full-stack developer and an Android developer is ongoing. And the right choice will truly depend on your needs. Do you want to build a website or an app? Believe us; both are pretty promising.
But, if you are confused between the two, you have landed on the right page. Read on to explore everything you need to know before hiring a full-stack or an Android developer and which is the right choice for you.
What Is Full-Stack Development?
If you prefer full-stack between the full-stack web vs. Android debate, you can hire developers who are pros at multitasking. Back-end (server-side) and front-end (client-side) development make up full-stack development (server-side). They are the two key processes in full-stack development.
Let’s examine each of them in turn.
- Front-end development: It is in charge of the client side of the application; a front-end developer makes sure the final product is aesthetically beautiful and user-friendly.
- Back-end development: Back-end development enables the server side of the application; a back-end developer works using a programming language to move data from the browser to the back-end databases.
Who Is A Full-Stack Developer?
Unlike an Android developer in the famous full-stack web developer vs. Android developer debate, a full-stack developer can work on both the front end and the back end. Full-stack engineers have expertise in both front-end and back-end technologies, as well as a thorough understanding of web architecture. Full-stack engineers are multitaskers who engage with the complete software stack, working on the front end, back end, server, database, and API.
Popular Full-Stack Development Tools
Full Stack Development tools for front-end
HTML and CSS:
HTML and CSS are the building blocks of full-stack development. HTML and CSS are always needed for front-end development, regardless of the back-end language or framework.
Bootstrap is an open-source Web development framework that includes buttons, several sorts of templates, and web-based design templates. It provides a wide range of fonts, colors, and layouts. The biggest benefit is that all components have a consistent appearance across all browsers.
Angular.js is a Google Framework. The HTML syntax and templates allow for the explicit expression of software components.
The CSS framework for executing reciprocal user interfaces is called Foundation. It includes all the necessary patterns to construct a responsive app or website. It is a framework that is open-source and usable with Github.
Full-Stack Development Tools for back-end
Node Js is a server-side programming language that is mostly used for back-end API operations and conventional websites.
Python-based Django is a server programming framework. It encourages efficient design and execution.
Full-Stack Development Tools for Database
SQL is a database language that was created specifically for processing and retrieving information contained in relational database management systems.
What Is Android Development?
The creation of any application for the Android operating system using the Android software development kit (SDK) on Android Studio is known as Android development or mobile development. Google developed the open-source Android operating system with mobile devices in mind. The Android operating system was developed using the Linux Kernel. The most popular operating systems for programmers are available for you to try.
Examples of Android development include well-known applications such as Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
Want to hire a Android Developer? Get in Touch with here!
Who Is An Android Developer?
As the name suggests, android developers produce mobile applications for the Android platform. Being an open-source operating system gives Android developers additional freedom.
Popular Android Development Tools
Android development uses the official programming language Kotlin. In 2019, Google declared Katlin to be the official Android programming language. The only significant distinction between Kotlin and Java is that Kotlin does away with extraneous Java features like null pointer exceptions. It also does away with the necessity for a semicolon at the end of each line. Kotlin is also simpler for newcomers and may be used as an “entry point” for developing Android apps.
- It gives a command structure that works on UNIX and Windows PCs as well as prior versions. The environment also has a profiling tool for keeping track of each instance of code execution. The feature for publishing the entire source has a predetermined structure. Additionally, the given code complies with HTML standards.
- Eclipse has many offices for performing information-driven control activities. These contain imperatives for meta-modified control, such as explicit objective suspension, flexible activation offices, and execution requirements, as well as crucial deferral declarations. The fundamental Logic Programming language may be extended in many ways using the variable data type. This Android app creation program successfully incorporates this feature. Users are known as quantified occasion handlers when the framework runs across assigned elements in situations like unification.
Android Studio outperforms all of its rivals when it comes to choosing the finest tools for developing Android applications. It is an incredibly strong program with the most recent plug-ins and tools for creating complex applications, one of the reasons why people prefer Android in the full stack web VS android debate. Google produced Android Studio in 2013. This product promises to have a higher degree of interest from developers all around the world than other Android app development tools. It offers tools for debugging, testing, and altering code, all inside a simple, user-friendly interface. It is available for free download and is maintained by a vast network of skilled Android engineers in addition to Google.
- It offers sharp insight, and this Android app builder’s code management aids in sophisticated code fulfillment, refactoring, and code analysis to help you create better code, work more quickly, and be more productive. As you type, a dropdown list of options is displayed by Android Studio. Simply press Tab to embed the code.
- Your applications will execute and launch faster on the Android emulator than they would on a real smartphone. It allows you to use an emulator to simulate and test any kind of software on a range of hardware. The time and cost involved in producing an Android app are impacted by this.
Android Virtual Device (AVD)
One of the Android development tools, Android Virtual Device (AVD), allows you to simulate Android devices on your computer in order to test your application across a variety of hardware and Android API versions without the usage of a mobile device.
Nearly all of the characteristics of a genuine Android phone are replicated by the emulator. You may test rotation and other hardware sensors, simulate incoming calls and text messages, choose the device’s location, test various network speeds, etc.
- When utilized consistently, fast booting enables you to continue your Android Emulator meeting in about 6 seconds. This feature is absent from many Android app development tools, but the AVD manager makes it simple to use. An antiviral boot must be performed when the Android emulator first launches an AVD (simply like controlling a gadget). The Android developer tools are quickly returned to the state they were in when you last shut down the emulator after completing this step (like waking up a gadget). No more setting is needed after AVD chooses it as the default choice.
- It can be challenging to stay up to date with the most recent Android Emulator foundation images, given the number of application developers who use Google Play Services. Not all tools for developing Android apps have this functionality to grant access to the Google Play Store. To solve this problem, AVD now offers Android System Image variations that contain the Play Store program. Additionally, you will be able to use the Google Play Store to test, introduce, update, and buy streams.
The Android SDK, which is employed to generate a wide variety of applications, is one of the most crucial resources for Android app development. It is an integrated development environment (IDE) with a wide range of tools for authoring, optimizing, and testing codebases for developing Android mobile apps.
This Android development kit makes sure the process goes as easily as possible by including a wide range of tools required to create any type of application. The SDK is necessary for any Android device for any application, whether it is written in Java, Kotlin, or C#.
- It is considerably easier to transition away from the Google Maps Android API with the most recent version. Another benefit of including Android SDK in your product is this. To improve the operation and behavior of Android applications, APIs must be introduced. You have access to all the capabilities you require using this SDK to ensure the flawless operation of your application. Offline Maps Android SDK’s accessibility makes it possible to efficiently download maps for more than 190 countries in more than 60 languages. This feature, among others, is excellent for users who roam in areas with poor network coverage. Raster tiles and guide objects that are mixed together inside multiple guide layers may also be rendered using this SDK.
- The Android Debug Bridge (ADB), which enables you to connect to the emulator and run the application while testing the modules, is another helpful feature of this SDK. This debugger may keep track of each instance while the application is running in the emulator.
One of the most well-known Android development tools, Unity 3D, is used to produce top-notch games for the Android operating system. For creating 2D and 3D games with predictable visuals, amazing format, organic organization, and drawing-in interaction, it offers a coordinated development environment. Computer games are frequently produced using them for usage in homes, offices, mobile devices, and even websites. This application can now develop cross-platform games thanks to recent improvements.
- You may gather resources and arrange them in scenes to make stages and game screens. The Hierarchy board expresses the core of the present scene in a tree-like manner. It is simpler to see programs in a variety of circumstances thanks to this Android app builder. The Hierarchy is where you’ll spend most of your time sorting through and tidying up your scenes, even while the Scene board is excellent for seeing your scene’s advantages in 3D space.
- It supports any kind of website and offers the opportunity to integrate a variety of social network SDKs. This increases the possibility that players will choose the multiplayer option and play the game. Using these Android development tools, the Unity framework enables developers to include a variety of network joining or establishment options in the game.
- It enables designers to examine and research each changeable property of the thing. as many object kinds have unique configurations of properties in a range of forms and materials.
Why Hire A Full-Stack Developer?
The variety of advantages full-stack developers offer is amazing when we consider them.
Still, confused between a full-stack developer VS Android developer? Here’s why hiring a full-stack professional is a good idea:
Being a full-stack developer has several advantages, one of which is having a strong grasp of many different programming languages. In addition to their training and expertise, they have the ability to offer ground-breaking, market-exciting solutions. They are regarded as the industry game-changers who are masters of both front-end and back-end development. A full-stack developer will guarantee that you obtain a high-quality product since they are knowledgeable about the newest technologies and best practices.
They are able to work on a variety of tasks since they are all-rounders. Additionally, this exposure enables students to learn in-depth information, assess the project’s requirements, and develop original solutions. Their advice may be extremely helpful in improving project performance and increasing the projects’ market acceptance. This is impossible for less skilled developers to provide.
Hand-On Front-End & Back-End Development
If the needs of the project change, an experienced full-stack developer may quickly swap between the front-end and back-end developer responsibilities. They are highly capable of solving any problem, no matter how complex they are. They can clearly comprehend the events and their outcomes thanks to their experience. They may develop answers in this manner without interfering with other people’s work.
The most effective choice for a firm on a budget that wants to construct a reliable and secure solution is to engage a professional full-stack developer. You don’t need to recruit other developers because a full-stack developer is capable of performing various responsibilities. For exceptional outcomes, go with a full-stack development business with experience. So choose full-stack developers the next time you need both front-end and back-end devs.
Why Hire Android Developers?
As stated above, the choice between a full-stack developer VS android developer will depend on your needs. Regardless, here are the top benefits of hiring an Android developer:
It needs a high level of professionalism to stand out in any cutthroat business. Select just the app developers who have established a reputation for professionalism. Who knows how? First, determine the degree of design, graphics, and programming language expertise possessed by the developers in question. Verify their familiarity with the most recent corporate app development trends and their experience with any unanticipated difficulties that could occur. With the proper professional approach, an Android application developer will always know how to elevate your app above rivals and make it a success in the current market.
Offers Ensured Security
Enterprise data security is the biggest deterrent to hiring independent developers in businesses. It is impossible to disregard the possibility that information pertaining to your business or project may no longer be kept private. In fact, if an Android application development business has good standards for enterprise data protection, you can’t even work with them. But since the manufacturing will be done in-house, if you work with reputable Android Application development specialists, you can rest easy knowing that your market information will stay private and safe.
Passionate & Dedicated
Always anticipate the dedication of an enthusiastic Android application developer. These programmers frequently pay close attention to adding, evaluating, and enhancing app features that, in turn, raise your app’s marketability. Their additional effort to provide an app a competitive advantage over other apps of its ilk demonstrates their love for developing apps. They often create and sustain friendly ties with the business owners they are working with since they are professionals. You’ve made the perfect choice if the Android application developer you’ve chosen is helpful and has a solid grasp of your company’s objectives.
Full Stack VS Android Developer: The Similarities
- The fact that there is a far higher demand than in any other profession for both full-stack developers and Android developers is one of their many commonalities.
- Both Android developers and full-stack developers need to be proficient in a variety of programming languages and technologies in order to complete their duties.
- Despite the differences in programming languages, the learning curve is rather consistent. Both Android developers and full-stack developers operate in a primarily similar environment.
Full Stack VS Android Developer: The Differences
- While Android development focuses on creating apps for Android devices, a full-stack developer is in charge of creating both simple and complex web applications that satisfy the demands of the customer.
- As a starting point, full-stack development is easier to understand than Android development because it doesn’t call for in-depth programming language expertise.
|Aspect||Full Stack Developer||Android Developer|
|Primary Focus||Develop applications that work on both the front-end and back-end of web or software projects.||Specialize in creating Android applications for mobile devices.|
|Platform||Works on various platforms including web, mobile, and sometimes desktop applications.||Focuses exclusively on the Android platform.|
|Development Scope||Can work on a wide range of projects, from web applications to database management and server configuration.||Concentrates on creating mobile apps for Android devices with various functionalities.|
|Tools and Frameworks||Uses a variety of tools and frameworks such as React, Angular, Express, Django, and more depending on the project requirements.||Utilizes Android Studio, Kotlin or Java, Android SDK, and libraries like Retrofit, Glide, and more.|
|Job Opportunities||Can work in diverse industries including web development, e-commerce, finance, healthcare, and more.||Typically employed in companies that develop Android apps, such as tech companies, startups, and mobile app agencies.|
|Learning Curve||Requires a broader knowledge base, making the learning curve steeper.||Focused expertise in Android development results in a more specific and manageable learning curve.|
|Salary Range||Generally, full-stack developers command a broad salary range due to their versatility, experience, and skills.||Android developers can earn competitive salaries, but they may vary based on experience and location.|
|Job Roles||Can take on various roles such as front-end developer, back-end developer, DevOps engineer, or even work as a full stack developer.||Primarily holds roles related to Android app development, such as Android developer, mobile app developer, or Android engineer.|
|Job Market Demand||Continuously in demand due to the need for versatile developers who can handle multiple aspects of a project.||Remains strong, especially as the Android user base continues to grow and evolve.|
|Project Variety||Works on a wide range of projects, from simple websites to complex web applications and software systems.||Specializes in mobile app development, primarily for Android devices.|
|Cross-Platform Support||Can work on cross-platform solutions using technologies like React Native or Flutter, but may not have deep expertise in mobile development.||Primarily focused on native Android app development but can also explore cross-platform options like Flutter for broader reach.|
|Technology Stacks||Utilizes various technology stacks depending on the project, which may include different programming languages and frameworks.||Concentrates on the Android technology stack, which includes Java or Kotlin, Android Studio, and Android SDK.|
Android Developer VS Full Stack Developer Salary
The average hourly cost for hiring a full-stack developer can range between $23-$30. The hourly rate of an Android developer, on the other hand, is around $15-$25, depending upon the experience and project requirements.
Full Stack Developer Salary
Entry-Level Full Stack Developer Salary
Fresh graduates entering the field can expect a decent starting salary. Entry-level Stack Developers in the United States earn an average of $60,000 to $80,000 per year.
Mid-Level Full Stack Developer Salary
With a few years of experience under their belts, Mid-Level Full Stack Developers can earn significantly more. Salaries range from $80,000 to $120,000 per year.
Senior-Level Full Stack Developer Salary
Seasoned Stack Developers with years of experience and expertise in multiple technologies can command impressive salaries. Senior-level Full Stack Developers can earn $120,000 to $180,000 or more annually.
Android Developer Salary
Entry-Level Android Developer Salary
Entry-level Android Developers in the United States can earn between $50,000 and $70,000 per year.
Mid-Level Android Developer Salary
As Android Developers gain experience and proficiency, their salaries increase. Mid-level professionals typically earn between $70,000 and $100,000 annually.
Senior-Level Android Developer Salary
Senior Android Developers, with a wealth of experience, can demand higher salaries, ranging from $100,000 to $160,000 per year.
Hire Cost-Effective Remote Developers With GraffersID
Are you looking to hire remote developers? Visit us today to hire the most experienced full-stack developers or Android developers from India. We keep your expectations in mind and help you get in touch with passionate professionals who keep your requirements in mind and offer the best solutions at the lowest rates.
Q1: Can a Full-Stack Developer become an Android Developer (or vice versa)?
Absolutely! The skills acquired by Full-Stack Developers are transferable to Android Development and vice versa. It might require some additional learning, but it’s definitely feasible.
Q2: Which role offers better earning potential?
It depends on factors like location, experience, and the specific company. Generally, Full-Stack Developers may command higher salaries due to their versatility, but Android Developers can also earn handsomely.
Q3: Is job security a concern in either field?
Both fields offer good job security, but Android Development benefits from the sheer number of Android users worldwide, providing a more stable market.
Q4: What about job satisfaction?
Job satisfaction varies from person to person. Some prefer the diverse challenges of Full-Stack Development, while others find fulfillment in crafting mobile experiences as Android Developers.
Fill Out The Form to Get in touch with us today!