Today, we are here with the core features, benefits, demerits, and a simple comparison between ReactJS and EmberJS.
If you have been looking for the best tool to use, read on to know about the different aspects of two tools so that you can pick the one that fits your needs and budget.
So, let’s begin without further ado.
React JS vs Ember JS Comparison-
React JS –
Thus, it is considered a lightweight platform that usually works for the presentation layer while complementing numerous elements of the app.
Ember JS –
Ember being a huge data library lags behind lightweight frameworks like React and works a bit slow. It allows for building large scale applications with regular updates as change detection is slower.
Thus it affects the rendering, making it super slow for the first time. As there are innumerable components, Ember deals with the most complex functionalities and the performance metric is different from others.
Read Also: React vs Angular Which is better and How
You don’t get any default architecture in React JS and thus you have to search depending on the external libraries such as Redux and Flux. React with Flux architecture is commonly used in a combination to develop web apps.
If you are looking forward to building seamless architecture React JS is a great option that you can use to develop client-side web apps. Developers can rely on the combination of React and Flux to develop a competent web app and provide the users with an amazing user experience.
When you work using the latest version of Ember, it comes with component-service architecture. However, the previous version of Ember followed the MVC pattern.
If you are looking forward to building applications with more native features, then Ember could be a better choice. Web apps with native features make them more unique, and the best part is that Ember supports the URL feature of the graphical user interface(GUI) framework as well.
We can say that Ember JS is capable of managing the application’s interaction with data. It can adjust to the rapid development process.
Also, it allows for numerous views, asynchronous programming, and using the advanced principles that modern web apps require.
3. Code Maintainability
React JS –
Another ground for the comparison is the code maintainability where the React JS can maintain the application code structure owing to its component-based architecture. All this reduces the code complexity and time spent in developing apps.
While developing apps using React JS, you can emphasize UI aspects. Also, you can create custom hooks and reuse conditional logic time and again.
Moreover, you can isolate application components in a specific manner that supports the development of React JS applications. You can create easily testable components, and divide apps into specific parts for accessibility.
If you are looking forward to following good coding practices, then Ember JS could be a great choice as it picks conventions over configuration. When you use Ember CLI and inbuilt tools for your app development it helps you keep the same layout of projects and follow the standard setups.
The Ember JS configuration maintains the code and helps reduce the code complexity. Thus, it ensures the proper organization of the code. All this contributes to achieving seamless debugging.
Moreover, it allows you to access anyone’s code that is easy to understand and doesn’t need a developer’s help.
4. User Experience
React JS –
React JS streamlines the UX by correctly aligning the development practices and design. Here, you will find several developer-oriented designs where the core community is steadily working to deliver a consistent user experience.
Dedicated React JS developers in India are required to stay cautious about bloating the web apps with unnecessary codes, which is called common abstraction. The best part is that the composition of components in React JS is defined in such a manner that minute changes don’t cause any trouble or disturb the complete codebase.
Thus, it ensures easy interoperability.
Ember JS –
As Ember JS is like a huge library of data and tools, you will get numerous tools here; so, you can use them all to design the web application as desired.
If you want to design a pre-testable user interface, you can create one by using Ember CLI and add-ons. They act as mock workers and APIs to test the user interface. When you use Ember CLI, you have the option of using exclusive features that are not provided by default.
Also, you can be used to add more reusable user interface elements.
Moreover, Ember JS comes with a product-based architecture that has proactive features, making it capable of delivering a better user experience in large applications.
Read Also: Difference Between UI And UX Design
5. Use cases
React JS –
- React JS is used in creating single-page applications
- It offers interactive user interfaces
- The tool ensures the accuracy of the search engine
- If you are looking for a real-time lightweight application, React JS offers the best experiences
- If you are concerned about the design and presentation layer, you must consider React JS for mobile and web app development.
Ember JS –
- Ember JS is used for creating single app applications
- If you are planning for long term projects consider Ember JS as it is suitable for long-lived projects
- It provides a great platform for seamless integration of complex functionalities
Read Also: React JS vs Angular JS
6. Community Support
React JS –
Ember JS comes with a robust foundation and stable community support. Thus, it is a popular library preferred by developers and tech giants.
It comes with more than 20k GitHub stars and Stack Overflow questions that have helped it secure its place as a platform of app development amongst developers.
Read Also: Benefits of Hiring Dedicated Developers
Advantages and Disadvantages of ReactJS and EmberJS
Advantages of React JS
- When it comes to React JS, the components can be easily imported without much dependency.
- You get a simple interface design along with easy to understand and learn API.
- The creation of universal web apps is possible due to the server-side rendering.
- React JS allows for code reusability.
- You get great support from the React framework if you want to improve the performance of complex and troublesome components.
- The completely component-based architecture reduces code fragmentation.
Disadvantages of React JS
- You cannot call React JS a complete framework. Instead, it is a library.
- React JS has a steep learning curve that’s verbose and complex. Its documentation is difficult.
- A lot of configuration is required when you want to integrate React JS with the conventional MVC framework. A great example of this is Rails.
Read Also: What is Ar zone?
Who Should Consider React JS?
For all those who are looking for speed and time efficiency, React JS could be a great choice. React JS is different from other languages due to the modular structure, and it helps simplify the entire process by pulling out pieces of the UI and then redoing it simply. Since React JS has a simple library, it reduces the challenges on part of web apps.
Advantages of Ember JS
- Ember JS comes with a strong data layer that seamlessly integrates with Java.
- It offers an object model that represents the underlying data and facilitates key-value observation.
- Ember JS supports the URL. Also, you get friendly docs and API.
- When it comes to using Ember JS, you will get to work with the best in-built practices. Here you get to use the wisdom of the software community and can benefit from other’s experiences.
- For long-term thinkers, Ember JS is the best framework to work upon as you get stability without any stagnation.
- Ember JS offers a fast boot time that helps in server-side rendering, which makes your app available to search engines, curl, and other scrappers.
Disadvantages of Ember JS
- While using Ember JS, you may come across piles of outdated content that may no longer work.
- You cannot reuse the components when you are working on the Ember Js framework.
- Ember JS is one of the most rigid and heaviest frameworks.
- It is not suitable for small projects.
Who Should Use Ember?
Ember JS is the best framework for ambitious developers who are willing to work on long-term projects. Today, you will see a great number of aspiring apps available in the market, and all those are mostly built using the Ember JS framework. As Ember JS comes with all-tools, it is a great choice for those who want everything to work well.
Who Wins the Game?
When it comes to determining the right framework for your app, it is best to understand your app needs and compare the merits of each framework.
However, you should have an in-depth knowledge of the merits and demerits of each framework. Thus, you should consider having the long-term support of tech agencies and active communities who can help you create web apps.
Well, many consider React JS as it has a super-fast approach in app development and it doesn’t even fall heavy on your pocket.
However, it depends on the agencies you have hired. Meanwhile, if you are looking to Hire React JS Developers India, consider GraffersID. It has helped tech startups grow 5X by delivering exceptional value. You rely on their experience and expertise for your project.