Web development technologies have evolved drastically in the past few years. The technologies which were trending a few years back have now become obsolete. For instance, technologies such as Node and Angularjs are opted worldwide for web development currently.
According to the recent survey by Stack Overflow, both Angular and Nodejs are widely used languages for web development.
What is Nodejs?
Nodejs is an open-source server framework that runs on a plethora of platforms such as Mac OS X, Windows, Linux and Unix.
Here are the key features of Nodejs framework:
- Open Source: Nodejs is free of cost and open-source for anyone to download and use.
- Enhanced Performance: Nodejs developers are free to perform non-blocking operations, which boost the performance of web applications.
- Unit Testing: Nodejs has a significant unit testing called Jasmine with which developers can test written code without much effort.
- Scalability: You can scale Nodejs application both horizontally and vertically, which aids in improvising the performance.
Read Also: React Js vs Ember Js
What is Angularjs?
Launched by Google in 2009, Angular is an open-source, client-side framework. Angularjs is mainly used for building single-page applications and also applications that constitute separate functional layers.
One of the biggest advantages of using Angular is that it binds that utilizing Expressions. Furthermore, it extends HTML attributes with Directives, which in turn, help developers to add dynamic views to web apps.
Here are the key features of Angularjs:
- MVC (Model-View-Controller) framework: Angular is integrated with easy-to-use and dynamic MVC framework, which makes it easier for Angular developers to build a client-side web application.
- Model-View-Whatever architecture: Angular also comprises of MVW architecture, which remodels and manipulates DOM to update behavior and data.
Read Also: Reactjs vs Angularjs
Difference Between Nodejs vs Angularjs
As you have read above, various aspects show the differences in Nodejs and Angular. Both Nodejs and Angular have got their set of benefits for web application development.
The Angular framework is designed to create structured applications for both mobile and desktop platforms. In addition to this, Angular is an ideal framework for building dynamic web applications.
Nodejs framework is designed for building web servers and web applications that can be scaled depending upon the future needs.
2. Installation & Deployment:
Read Also: Flutter vs Angular
3. Core Architecture:
4. Programming Language:
Both Angular and Node support a wide range of programming languages.
And as paradigms are concerned, Angular supports functional, event-driven and object-oriented programming paradigms. In contrast to this, Nodejs supports event-driven, functional, sub programming and concurrency-oriented paradigms.
5. Use cases:
Angular allows developers to build interactive, client-side web applications, which is why the framework is used by developers all around the globe today.
In a nutshell
Angularjs vs Nodejs, Angularjs is a client-side framework and Nodejs is a run-time environment.
This means that you can create exceptional isomorphic applications by integrating Angular and Nodejs framework. In fact, both of these frameworks can be combined for the Mean Stack Development. Though this process is a bit tricky and you require to hire dedicated Nodejs developers or hire Angular developers to ensure that integration is done in the right way.